Company Name : SHArP Edge Learning
Company Website : http://www.sharpedgelearning.com
State : Jaipur
Address Country : India
Primary Shareholderss Of The Company :
Arpit Mehta: He has done his B.E (Hons) from BITS-Pilani. He founded a not-for-profit organization “youTHinc” which focused on eradicating prevailing social problems with self-sustainable approach. Later, he founded Edventure Labs, which works in the field of online Math Education. His interests are metaphysical theories and numbers.
Harshit Gupta: He completed his engineering from BITS-Pilani. Harshit has over two years of experience in technology enabled start-ups. He started his entrepreneurial journey early in life during his college days by launching two business ventures including foreigninternship and Yocaptcha!, which are mentored by industry veterans.
Mohit Agrawal: He is a graduate of IIT Roorkee . He started out with Sankalp, an NGO for handicapped children in western U.P. Finding an urgent need for rural education and empowerment at the BOP he cofounded an educational NGO in Buxar ,Bihar that enables learning through ICT. Apart from education sector, his startups include Quesme.com a social relationship website.
Paresh Gupta: Paresh did his MBA from London School of Business and Finance and he has over 8 years of experience in strategic advisory, takeovers, mergers and acquisitions, infrastructure consulting, financial restructuring and business research. He has international exposure of working in Asia, Middle East, Europe and USA with some of the most reputed names in the world.
He has been rated as one of the top 20 credit research analysts in Europe and is a trained financial modeler from Operis UK. Paresh completed his B.Com (Hons.) from Sri Ram College of Commerce, Chartered Accountant of November 2002 batch. He has worked with top rated companies including Keypoint Consulting W.L.L. Bahrain (Ernst and Young affiliate), HSBC, Adventity (Now Sutherland Plc) and PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Sourabh Gupta: He has done B.E.(hons.) in EEE and MSc.(Hons.) in Economics from BITS-Pilani. There he was in the founding team of SAE chapter of BITS,Pilani . He has several years of experience in Retail and Finance. He was a Business analyst with JPMorgan Services India Pvt. Limited in the Treasury and Securities Services division. He started out by launching JUISSUP,Indiaâ€™s first mobile Beverage Outlet .
Product Name : SHArP Class
Product/Industry Category : Education
Brief Description Of Your Product/Service :
SHArP Class is a technology platform for engineering students which seamlessly integrates the traditional chalk & talk method with smart classrooms based on cognitive learning. It enables Professors to use digital resources such as educational animations, simulations, case studies, assessments and diagrams to make classroom more interactive creating multi-sensory learning for students and help improve their academic performance.
- Digital classroom content as per University prescribed syllabus with 2D, 3D content, Slide Shows, Animations and Diagrams
- Practical examples and case studies of theory in practice in industry
- Question Bank, Exam pattern Analysis and Problem Solving Techniques
- Institute’s classrooms are converted into SHArP classrooms with a projector, CPU, keyboard and pointing device. The Institute has the flexibility to decide its infrastructure without any burden on its financial resources.
How Is Your Product Unique From Others In The Field?
- Maximum content repository for presentations, animations, java simulations, case-studies
- Content mapped to over 17 university-syllabus for 180 engineering subjects
- Product flexible to work with the basic CPU+movable projector solution to the use of Smart Boards, Pen Tablets and other gadgets
- Product customized according to faculty needs
- Incubation center at BITS-Pilani and content creation through teams set up at IIT Delhi, IIT Roorkee and IIT Bombay
What Is The Need In The Market And How Does It Serve The Requirement?
Shortage of more than 1,50,000 teachers in engineering education.
Only 25% engineers competent to work due to lack of practical knowledge Quality of Study Material poor and syllabi revision is slow and not up-to-date Little effort on research and development in Universities
Use of cognitive learning enhances better understanding Enpowers the faculty with standardised content Save time in writing on the board, preparing notes and reference material.
What Is Your Target Segment?
PAN India Engineering Colleges and Universities
What Is The Technology application Being Used?
Learning Management Software based on .NET framework, Java based simulations, 2-D and 3-D animations(using flash and 3ds Max)
Is The Product Currently Generating Revenue?
What Is The Proposed Business Model?
- B-to-B (Business to college) model
- Fixed term license for content usage
- Complete flexibility on hardware and content customization
- Payment flexibility including one time fixed payment to EMI based model
Your Future Vision For The Company :
- Create an environment for effective learning for students through technology and real life knowledge by responding to the needs of a rapidly changing society
- Move to retail model through online access
- Apply for Virtual University with UGC
- Digital content for other courses like MBA, Accountancy, B. Sc. M.Sc etc.
What Are Your Expected Take Aways From eINDIA 2011?
- Platform to showcase our product to industry veterans
- Solicit feedback, comments and ideas from academicians and business experts
- Seek funding and explore investment opportunities